Belgian forward, Eden Hazard has been crowned the 2018/19 UEFA Europa League Player of the Season.
Hazard won the award for his performances with Chelsea last season during the UEFA Europa League group stage draw on Friday, August 30, .
The Real Madrid player defeated his ,,former team-mate Giroud and new club-mate Luka Jovic to the prize.
The 28-year old made eight appearances in the competition, starting four, three of which were in the knockout stages.
Hazard thanked everyone who voted for him to win the award.
He said “Thank you to everyone who voted for me and I’d like to wish everybody playing in the Europa League good luck”.
Top-10 Europa League Player of 2018/19.
1 Eden Hazard (Chelsea, now Real Madrid) – 340 points
2 Olivier Giroud (Chelsea) – 119 points
3 Luka Jovic (Eintracht, now Real Madrid) – 94 points
4 Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (Arsenal) – 65 points
5. Alexandre Lacazette (Arsenal) – 19 points
6. N’Golo Kanté (Chelsea) – 16 points
7. João Félix (Benfica, now Atlético) – 12 points
8. Willian (Chelsea) – 11 points
9. Pedro Rodríguez (Chelsea) – 9 points
9. Sébastien Haller (Eintracht, now West Ham) – 9 points